Monday, May 13, 2013

Worship that Pleases God



For years, I believed that worship had to be in a formal setting.  Whether it be going to church or a bible study or whether it was being part of a small group or church choir, it had to be in an organized fashion.

Having enjoyed being on this journey towards a purpose driven life, I am happy to find that as I tend to all my plants with God in our garden, He is pleased to have me remember that Christ is the vine and that I am the vine and that God, the Father is the gardener.  As I prune dead flowers or dried up branches from each individual plant, I surrender to God's pruning the areas that are not useful to Him in my life.

As I love to spend time watching the fish swim in the four water worlds we created, I marvel at how beautiful and unique each and every fish is.  There is no way to determine which fish is more beautiful as each one is fantastic in it's own way.  This makes me ponder that God created me and that I am beautiful and unique and fantastic in my own way.  This is not a statement of conceit.  This is an awakening for someone who has low self-esteem to embrace.  This also is a reminder to me that God wants me to be a "fisher of men"!

My pictures are probably my most prized possessions.  As I put each picture in a frame and hang it on my prayer wall, I find that I have a wonderful chance to thank God for the friends and family who have come into my life and also a chance for me to pray for their daily needs.  This is a private act of worship.  No one besides God and I know when and if I pray for these dearly loved souls.


The best part about my home is my prayer closet.  Although I try to imagine the above painting in the physical realm, God knows that emotionally, spiritually and mentally this is the longing of my heart and soul.  If I am unable to feel this intimacy.  I simply look at "The Creation of Man" by Michelangelo hanging on my wall.


And then I pray, "Jesus draw me near, closer Lord to you, let the world around me fade away..."

No comments:

Post a Comment