Sunday, May 5, 2013

Seeing Life from God's View

There are those who panhandle for cigarettes, alcohol and even drugs.  Occasionally, they will actually use the money for food.  Not me.  If you were in Santa Barbara last night, you would have seen me panhandling for a ticket to see the musical, "Gypsy"!  Many times theatre patrons have someone who cancels at the last moment and with the tickets being non-refundable, either they will look to sell the ticket or in my case, hoping they would be kind enough to give me the ticket.  The ticket price was $28.00 dollars.  For me, that is like a thousand dollars to you.  I must have looked pretty pathetic as the ticket agent came up to me and handed me a ticket saying that someone turned one in.

Yesterday the lesson was on passion.  I love the theatre.  As I tried to figure out why I loved this musical so much.  Three reasons:

1)  Young Donnie sees himself as the daughter June.   More than anything, he wanted to be a Star!

2)  However, older Donnie is much more like the daughter Louise.  He is usually in the chorus and "has no talented as he was constantly reminded all his life."

3)  There is a personality that is much more like Madam Rose.  He drives and drives these other two personalities because "he was born to soon and started to late."

The lesson that I need to embrace here is that these three different views are views that are personal views.  They are not seeing life from God's view.  As I continue on this purpose driven journey, I am open to what God has in store with me.  I have read somewhere that "I once was blind but now I see", my prayer is that I am able to see the life God has planned from me from God's view.

No comments:

Post a Comment